Jim Silver is a specialist in the field of investments and retirement planning. For over 40 years, he has and continues to counsel individuals on how to set and achieve their financial goals. He is a frequent speaker and contributor on retirement and investment topics, and was the host of "Silver Talks Money," heard each weekday on WBIX 1060 in Boston from 2005-2009.
Jim is President of Silver Investment and Retirement Services, a financial services firm located in Framingham, MA. His daily responsibilities include advising and counseling over 300 clients in many areas of retirement and personal finance. Unlike many advisors who deal with ultra wealthy clients, Jim's market deals with clients who have investable assets between $50,000-$2,500,000. These clients have a specific set of needs including education and balancing reasonable returns along with practicing proper principal preservation strategies.
With the advent of this website, Jim's goal is to inform and educate. He will disseminate information with a creative and simple flair to help take complicated subjects and make them concise and understandable. He has a passion to teach consumers to make informed and educated decisions.
Thanks for stopping by. If you like what you read and hear (and even if you do not) we look forward to hearing from you…
- Chartered Life Underwriter designation from the American College in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania in 1981
- Chartered Financial Consultant's designation from the American College in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania in 1986
- Registered as a General Securities Principal
- Investment Adviser Representative
- B.A. from American University in Washington, D.C.
- Began in the financial services industry in 1973
- Founded MetroWest Financial Services in 1980, which was renamed as Silver Investment and Retirement Services in 2000.
- On the faculty of Northeastern University in the late 1980's teaching courses in financial planning through their affiliation with the American College